[SDCBeeks] Extra Bee Boxes

John Gagne sanjuanbees at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 12:08:21 PST 2020

Group
I have not been in contact with the SDC beekeepers group for awhile.  I know there have been changes regarding emailing and contacts. I hope everyone's bees are healthy and ready to make it through our normally mild winter.  Usually this time of year I am ordering new equipment, frames, foundation, boxes, nucs, etc. to assemble during the winter for next spring.  The cost of woodenware (deep boxes) has gone up significantly from the various manufacturer's.  Mann Lake, Kelley Bee, Shastina are now one company.  The other option is Dadant Bee supply, and a few other smaller companies still managing to stay in business. Last year I ordered two extra pallets of deep and medium boxes from Shastina Millwork.  Shastina uses western ponderosa pine for their boxes which I prefer.  I started to clean up and organize my storage building, and I have an extra pallet of new langstroth deep unassembled boxes. If anyone is interested in buying some of these send me an email.  I will sell them in minimum quantities of (5). I see that the cost of new deeps averages around $18.00-$20.00 per box (in larger quantities).  I will sell my extras for $12.00 ea. while they last. Bundles of 13 boxes at $11.00 ea.
Thanks, and be well.
JohnSan Juan Apiaries