[SDCBeeks] SdC Beekeepers meeting Wed. March 10, 6:30

Kate Whealen beto1234 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 17:11:59 PST 2021

Greetings Beekeepers,

In keeping with our schedule of monthly meetings on the second Wednesday of the month during beekeeping season, we are happy to announce our first meeting of 2021 will be held via Zoom next Wednesday, March 10, starting at 6:30 PM.

Zoom Link
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87394260634?pwd=VjlYRDNpSkFOcnVOVFJrV0tjUG9Hdz09 <https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87394260634?pwd=VjlYRDNpSkFOcnVOVFJrV0tjUG9Hdz09>

Meeting ID: 873 9426 0634
Passcode: SDC

We plan to have discussions on spring hive management and share our collective experiences with hive survival over this past winter.

Please join us as we are interested in hearing what you would like this year’s meetings to include.  While we want to help new beekeepers who have lots of questions, we also hope to make the meetings useful for more experienced beekeepers who want to learn more about more advanced topics as queen rearing, and overwintering nucs…. as well as simply getting beekeepers together (albeit virtually for now) to network and get to know each other and possibly forming some new mentor/mentee relationships.

Check today’s Santa Fe New Mexican.  There is a great story about recent activity here in Santa Fe to get the city named as a “Bee City”.  We will try to get someone from Xerces Society to join us and share the current status….how exciting!

Kate