[SDCBeeks] SDC Beekeepers Monthly Meeting This Week

Kate Whealen katewhealen at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 24 17:26:40 PDT 2024

I’ve gotten calls in Santa Fe as early as April 15, it seems like there are a few early swarms some years. The fruit trees are blooming weeks earlier than they used to and the fruit tree nectar is the stimulus for brood production.  Usually our swarm season is busiest around the first week of May which is not far off, but the climate is changing and the bees may be adjusting their rhythms.