[SDCBeeks] Introduction

Susan Basquin susan at susanbasquin.com
Tue Mar 19 11:28:06 PDT 2024

I am very happy and relieved in fact about the Sangre de Cristo beekeeping group.

I kept bees for three years on an island in Lake Michigan. A friend helped me get started with a hive he no longer used and I had another hive, which I ordered in parts and put together. I'm no expert at this point but it was fun and I was delighted by the honey that seemed different each year.

I'm starting again with a partner at his house where there is an abundance of fruit trees. I live in a condo with plenty of lawn and vegetation but the others in the condo would surely be very upset at having bees nearby.

I look forward to the support and the information-sharing that the group will certainly provide. And I look forward to meeting people with similar interests.

Sincerely,
Susan Basquin