[SDCBeeks] Tree & shrub systemic pesticide and bees

jason schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Tue Apr 28 21:12:34 PDT 2020

Hi everyone

Hope you all are doing well!

I am writing to ask if anyone knows of any scientific resources
regarding the systemic pesticide use on pines and the impact on bees.

My neighborhood has a bad pine scale problem and some neighbors are
getting desperate and using systemic pesticide. I would like to give
them as many resources as possible before making that decision..

Personally, I have been disrupting the larval stage each year and
watering a little extra with great success against the scale. (I can go
into more detail if anyone is interested in my battle with scale, I'm
sure you have the problem too ;-)

Jason