[SDCBeeks] Tree & shrub systemic pesticide and bees

annallys Goodwin-Landher annallys at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:58:37 PDT 2020

The use of systemic pesticides to save Pinons seems to be pretty widespread in this area.  I refuse to put beehives on a property by museum hill due to the 30 foot columns of pesticides in 2016 and 2017.  Now the pesticides are being injected into trees.

Where I live the community uses water to spray the larvae/pupa off the tree, gather the webbing into a trash bag and dispose of.

Good luck, I haven't done any research searches since 2017 on bees and pesticides.  You might contact Beyond Pesticides and The Center for Honeybee research in Asheville NC.

When Bayer moved into North Carolina the master beeks that hired on and did research for them, only conducted trials for 6 weeks, however long a neonicitinoid stays sub-lethal in a bees system/hive never longer.

Annallys