[SDCBeeks] SdC Beekeepers meeting Wed. March 11 at 6:30, Railyard Community Room

Kate Whealen katewhealen at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 18:32:36 PST 2020

To start the 2020 beekeeping season we will meet Wednesday March 11 at 6:30 in the Railyard Community Room. We will discuss organizing a swarm call list and protocols. Many times reports of bee swarms are not honeybees at all but can be wasps or native bees. Proper identification is key to figuring out removal strategies. I have been photographing native bee species and wasps to help with identification so we will look at some photos and specimens.

Jason and I have started 2 new photo galleries on the Sdcbeeks.org website for native bees and wasps, check them out.

Best, Kate

Here is a link to a little map <https://www.railyardpark.org/community-room/> that shows the exact location of the Community Room.  https://www.railyardpark.org/community-room/ <https://www.railyardpark.org/community-room/>         The address is 701 Callejon. Parking is free after 6 p.m.