[SDCBeeks] Beginning Beekeeping Class

Steve Wall stevewall at buckinbee.com
Sun Mar 8 11:48:38 PDT 2020

Wanabeekeepers,

Again this year I am offering a Beginners' Beekeeping Class in April. You are welcome to email me with your intent so that I can save a place for you right away (then send along your check in the mail to 2376 Santa Barbara Drive Santa Fe, NM  87505; make checks payable to Steve Wall).

These classes will take a fast-track approach to getting you into the hobby without a huge commitment of time and money.  You will learn all you need to become an informed beekeeper by attending only one 4-hour class at $135.00 (other beekeeping classes require multiple classes and start at $350).

If you so choose, you can also purchase the hives you will need from me.  See the attached flier or my website, www.buckinbee.com <http://www.buckinbee.com/>, for more details about these classes and equipment.

Class Fee - $135.00
                   This fee is non-refundable and reserves your space in the class
                   Please make your check payable to Steve Wall.

Class Size - is limited, so please register early

Date/Time/Place - Sunday, April 5th
                                9 am - 1 pm (bring a snack)
                                Held at La Mariposa Montessori School, 18 Puesta Del Sol in Santa Fe (just south of I-25 off Old Pecos Trail)

Subjects covered will include:
• Pros and cons of both Langstroth hives and Top Bar hives.
• Establishing a bee colony
• Sustainable beekeeping methods
• Care and feeding of bees
• Bee Biology
• Swarm prevention
• Disease management

I look forward to sharing the thrill of beekeeping with you.

Sincerely,

Steve Wall
Buckin’ Beekeeper