[SDCBeeks] New member

Elizabeth King bibliophilesarewe at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 1 17:44:04 PST 2023

Hello and Happy New Year!!

My name is Beth King and I am planning on starting a couple bee hives this year.

I recently purchased a home on 3 acres along the banks of the Rio Chama. I have been working to restore the property to a more native habitat. I have been clearing invasive plants and seeding with native grasses and flowers, trees  and shrubs. My progress has been slow but I’m proud of what I have done thus far.

I have begun raising chickens for egg production and love them. They follow me all over the place. I’m pretty sure that I am the head chicken that looks like an odd duck.

My next goal is to start the hives and harvest my own honey.  Additionally, I am hoping they will help fertilize my meadow flowers, etc.  I want to be successful and have begun studying beekeeping.

I am excited to begin and would be immensely grateful for all the information and help your members may provide.

Thanks and I’m looking forward to meeting new folks.

Beth

Sent from my iPhone